A press release is a written or recorded communication from companies that announce something considered to have news value. It could take the form of a news release, feature release, photo release, media advisory, or press statement.
- A news release is straight news reporting in a neutral, factual manner, without opinion or personal insight. It consists of the basic elements of a story and answers the important questions. News releases can announce a range of news items such as scheduled events, personal promotions, awards, new products, projects, services, sales, and accomplishments.
- A feature release or story is longer than the news release and is written in a featurized or creative manner. A feature release usually captures the emotions of the subject being talked about and is written in a moving, compelling way.
- A photo release is a short news release containing a photo and caption. It consists of the basic elements — the five Ws and one H as well as the names and designations of the people in the photo.
- A media advisory alerts the media, in a concise manner, about upcoming events and developments of a company.
- A press statement is the official statement of the organization in response to a particular issue or event. It is supplied to reporters who may include parts of it as a quote in their articles or may also be published, unedited, in its entirety.
Local SEO Search Inc. is a full service digital marketing solutions company. We help you create compelling content and professional press releases that help establish your business as a reliable source for search engines.
If you want to know how to build your content to the top of search engines, contact us and we can show you how.