0/5 (0 Reviews)
Social media content marketing is constantly transforming. Marketing strategies used last year may not work to your advantage next year. In order for a business to outrun its competition, it has to keep up with changing trends for content campaigns. Using smart strategies to create a strong online presence and earn new customers or clients is the name of the game. There is no substitution for good content. Regardless of the type of platform you use or strategies your business implements, good content needs to be engaging and should effectively address the needs of your target audience.
Placing quality content on different social media platforms plays an important role in branding. Adapting to the constantly changing dimensions of social media and content marketing helps a company stay relevant in its industry.
As 2017 is coming to an end, here are the social media content marketing trends to follow for 2018:
1. Invest in Talent – Social media is a vital element in consumer engagement and brand awareness. Many companies (of various sizes) fail to realize the importance of investing in social strategies. High quality and engaging content is necessary for every social media platform. Hiring a professional to produce reliable and creative content is one of the continually emerging trends. Regardless of social strategies or the online medium used, creating original and accessible content that resonates with your target audience boosts branding. Invest in tech-savvy and organized professionals who can help you increase your online audience and keep potential customers engaged through each channel.
2. More Mobile-Ready Content – 2018 is the time to create branded content specifically designed for mobile usage. Mobile use comprises 70 percent of all digital media minutes, with smartphone apps accounting for 50 percent of all time spent engaging on digital media. Potential customers are spending more time on social media using smartphones. In 2018, businesses are encouraged to invest in simple, mobile-ready, and brand-focused content.
3. Add Video to Content – Adding a video can boost content marketing because it drives audience engagement and interaction through dynamic visuals. Video encourages the audience to click and watch — and leave a comment. According to a Forbes article, 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it. Digital marketing expert James McQuivey says a single minute of a video equals 1.8 million words. A Twitter poll is an effective way to get valuable feedback from the audience while encouraging engagement with content.
4. Stimulate User-Generated Content – According to the recent Nielsen Global Trust in Advertising report, 66 percent of customers trust the opinions of other customers. Paying attention and responding to customer feedback improves communication and helps a business understand customer experience. Customer feedback is most effective when it’s made a part of a content marketing strategy. Since customer engagement is crucial on social media platforms, incorporating user-generated content (whether in the form of pictures, reviews, videos, posts, tweets, or “pins”) on your website increases the value of your social media marketing.
5. Incorporate Ephemeral Content – Although it is a common practice for marketers to produce evergreen content that is usable for months/years, 2018 is the time to incorporate some “ephemeral content.” Snapchat laid the groundwork for this type of content. Studies proved this is a smart way to hook an audience with temporary content. The online audience anticipates updates with current content.
Being familiar with current social media trends for content marketing can help you start 2018 with a bang. Social media can positively impact your brand and increase potential customers. If you are looking for a professional SEO agency to help your business and improve its online presence, call Local SEO Search at (416) 888-8756 or send us an email at email@example.com to learn about our proven, results-based services.