Every service-based company wants to find ways to attract clients without overspending marketing dollars. Digital marketing and using Internet tools are the wave of the future to build your brand, get more clients, and increase profits.
Marketing services can be challenging, since you cannot show a physical product to potential clients. Businesses (like lawyers, pest control experts, dentists, physiotherapists, etc.) need direct and outbound methods that are effective, engaging, and powerful. Selling a service and developing new clientele requires creative strategies, and digital marketing is the best approach.
Powerful techniques to market service-based companies:
Social media platforms are now an effective marketing strategy for service-based industries. 74% of customers turn to social media to check out businesses before making a purchase. The most used platforms are Facebook and Twitter. LinkedIn also allows businesses to connect with potential clients based on industry and profession. Using social media is a strong way to reach your target audience.
Additional tips to manage your social media:
- Analyze your social media platforms and check where most of your engagement occurs.
- Use management tools such as Buffer, Hubspot, and HootSuite to handle your content. They are handy ways to schedule future posts.
- Use a hashtag to monitor trends, market your campaign, and track your reach.
Service-based businesses mostly rely on local clients. If your business does not have a fully-functioning website, you’re losing opportunities. A website is integral to expanding your brand’s presence. Prospective customers research online to find services. Having a website that is easy to navigate helps potential clients immediately find information they need, and book appointments or consultations. By having an optimized website, you get a “leg up” on the competition.
Your website’s design can also have a huge impact on your audience; making it mobile-friendly can get your business on the first page of Google’s search results.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
For service-based businesses like tree experts/arborists, plumbers, and counsellors, SEO is the most efficient way to get the attention of people who need your help.
SEO can help your service-based business in several ways:
- Traffic results in more clients – A 2013 study says the number one position on a Google search result gets 33% of search traffic. Depending on the services you provide, and the quality of your online content, traffic can turn website visitors into potential clients.
- Affordability – High-ranking search results and increased traffic are available when your business selects the right SEO firm to handle your online face. For small- to medium-sized businesses with a limited budget, local SEO can be a great investment — when it’s done correctly.
- Maintains your position – Once you hire a reputable SEO agency, they can help you keep a place in the top Google search results. Website optimization and keeping up-to-date with search engine algorithm changes is an effective, long-term way to market your business.
Stay ahead of your competitors, and build your brand. If you are in a service-based industry, use online marketing to grow and increase profits. Chances are, you don’t have the time to stay on top of SEO strategies and Internet trends — or make constant website changes. Let an expert handle that for you. For search engine optimization in North America, contact Local SEO Search at (416) 888-8756. We provide excellent, attentive, individualized service for all your online marketing needs.